Il Sergente Maggiore Satoru Anabuki - Myouth - Ricordi degli anni '70

Vai ai contenuti

Menu principale:

Il Sergente Maggiore Satoru Anabuki

Modellismo > Aerei > Nakajima Ki-43 II
Il Sergente Maggiore Satoru Anabuki

Imperial Japanese Army World War II ace Satoshi Anabuki. Anabuki was officially credited with 39 victories.

Credit: Wikipedia

Satoru Anabuki, Akeno 1944. S.Anabuki via LRA       

Satoru Anabuki Attacks American B-24's. Art © R.Watanabe        via Chris Shores/LRA       

Downed B-24 illustrated in Asahi Shimbun. Photo via E. George     

Hyabusa flown by S. Anabuki in Burma, 1942. Art © Shigeru      Nohara via LRA   

Fighter  Ace Sergeant Major Satoru Anabuki of the Imperial Japanese Army Air  Corps next to his Nakajima Ki-43 “Hayabusa” Fighter. Towards the end of  the war he would claim 50 kills

Source: Reddit

Satoshi Anabuki`s Ki-43 (Oscar), 3rd Chutai/50th    Sentai , Burma 1943

Tenente Colonnello Satoru (Satoshi) Anabuki

Lieutenant Colonel Satoru Anabuki (穴吹 智, Anabuki Satoru, December 5, 1921 – June 2005, sometimes Satoshi) was, depending on the source, the second or third highest flying ace of the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force in World War II, with 39 victories (51 claimed). Strangely enough there are 53 claimed victories to be found in his autobiography Soku no Kawa (see below), where his first triple kill (nos. 10-12) was mis-counted as just one (next kill was noted as no. 11).

Imperial Japanese Army Air Force career
Born into a farming family in the Kagawa Prefecture, he graduated high school to take the entrance examination for the  Juvenile Flying Soldier School and entered the Tokyo Army Aviation  School in April 1938, graduating in March 1941 in the 6th Juvenile  Soldier Course and receiving a promotion to corporal in October. He was  assigned to the 3rd Company of the 50th Air Squadron, stationed on Formosa in 1941.
With the outbreak of the Pacific War, he fought in the conquest of the Philippines, where he claimed his first victory, a Curtiss P-40, on December 22, 1941. On February 9, 1942, he shot down two more.
Soon after, his unit returned to Japan to exchange their Nakajima Ki-27 "Nates" for more advanced Ki-43 "Hayabusa" (allied code name "Oscar"). The 50th Air Squadron was then sent to Burma in June 1942. He was promoted to sergeant in December. On 24 January 1943, he shot down his first heavily armed B-24 bomber. He claimed to have shot down three B-24s and one P-38 fighter escort in a single engagement on 8 October 1943, but this has been disputed. The third B-24 claimed was reported rammed by him causing great damage  to his aircraft in which he crash landed on the shoreline to be rescued  three days later. In recognition of this achievement he was awarded an  individual citation - at that time unprecedented for a pilot who was  still alive.
In 1944, he was reassigned to Japan to be a flight instructor at the Akeno Army Flying School.  He flew in the defense of the home islands. In December 1944, he was  promoted to sergeant major and returned to action over the Philippines,  where he claimed at least four F6F Hellcats shot down flying the Ki-84 "Hayate". Anabuki scored his last victory over Japan, a B-29.

When the Japan Self-Defense Forces  were formed in the early 1950s, he enlisted and flew a helicopter for  many years before retiring. After the war in 1950, he enlisted in the National Police Reserve.  Via the NPR, he served as a captain flying Northeast Ground  Self-Defense Force helicopters. He retired as a lieutenant colonel in  1971, subsequently joining Japan Airlines and retiring in 1984.

Credits: Wikipedia
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved.
Torna ai contenuti | Torna al menu